Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Quirks with Zelda II: The exploits of The Fuzzy Green Grass

(Reissued from October 6 2004)

Hmm.

Today, as part of the retinue (or habit, or just plain simple luck) between me and Alvin, we decided to have lunch together. We decided to tag along with two of Alvin's classmates (both girls), and guess who tagged along with Alvin and myself? The mother (literally) of all pain-in-the-arses: Zelda. (Play dramatic music emphasising drama and distress).

So we followed the two of them down to Food Juction (a place where we intended to have lunch), and when we entered, Alvin and I discovered (to our amazement, not surprise) that the two girls (sadly not including Zelda) had disappeared. I, being the less cunning of the both of us, I didn't realise that the girls had given Alvin, myself and Zelda the slip so as to avoid having lunch with the giggly know-it-all Amazonian.

When Alvin finally managed to pass on the idea the the two had slipped away due to Zelda, We managed to find some seats (it was kinda hard as the place was very crowded), and as Zelda moved to claim the seats, I told Alvin discreetly that we should also give Zelda the slip so as to prevent the possibility of me flinging my lunch at her due to her absolute lack of common sense and simple communication skills.

So she sat down, and i made the impression I was off to the loo with a large turd waiting to blow out, and Alvin hurried along to follow me (all the while pretending to look for more seats) as I literally raced out of the Food Junction. The both of us were laughing as we finally got out of FJ, and were almost running to get as far away from there as possible.

We decided to eat at the South Canteen, all the while looking behind us and expecting an Amazonian frame to be chasing after us at full throttle. Along with that image running in our minds was the image of her screaming a us while we laughed and decided to locate the other two girls.

Reaching the South Canteen, I imagined if Zelda was still puzzled about our 'mysterious' disappearance, and just sat there looking around and looking sheepish. I just laughed aloud at that though. You have no idea how funny she'd look with that expression (sheepishness, confusion etc) on her face.

So after searching the south canteen for the girls, we decided that (possibly for their own safety) they were somewhere in the North Canteen. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Anyhow, when we finally finished our lunch and got back, Alvin agreed to be the lookout in case Zelda appeared out of nowhere and decided to attack us for the insolence of standing her up. I waited for a while, until after getting no response from a call to Alvin's handphone, I decided to enter and (maybe in the process, rescue Alvin from being throttled to death by Zelda) retrieve my belongings from the studio.

I managed to enter undetected, hiding behind a large piece of cardboard and crouching low on the ground, all the while looking like some character in some spy-thriller movie. I got my stuff and got the 'ell outta there, only to see a bemused Zelda look at me racing out of the studio. Whew.

Later that day, after my afternoon class, I decided to stay back and accompany Alvin while he proceeded on with his cardboard cutting tasks. We both took turns taking digs at Zelda, and we also swapped jokes. Thank goodness I wasn't strangled by Zelda because I'd have said something like:

'Oh my, look! Godzilla's attacking me!!! Hellp! Evasive maneouvers!! Mayday! Mayday!'


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home