Tuesday, October 26, 2004

The Ecstacy Of Yes+The Legends Of Zelda VII

(Reissued from Octuber 26 2004, now this series officially renamed 'The Legends Of Zelda')

Hmm.

Today, I popped in to Block R and was surprised to find Alvin already there reading 'Digital Fortress'. Apparently, he was warming the book up for me.. so sad cuz I think I'll only be touching it on saturday.

We had some talk while I pulled out my stuff as I had planned to finish off my hammer and clay model (the main one) by today. I first pulled out my headphonesand blasted 'Roundabout' by Yes, and it was accompanied by Alvin doing an air bass impersonation of the bass lick. I shoulda taped his 'performance'.

After a while, I went to get my clay-working tools, and I then pulled out my cardboard 'indestructable' boxes. I don't care what Alvin says, he didn't even reach 50 percent efficiency by the time I was done with him at 'cardboard box goalkeeping'. At most he got about 45 percent. Even Zelda was there to see Alvin perform his saves.

While we were playing our pastime, Alvin kept telling Zelda to stay away from the 'goalmouth' partially because her mere presence was irritating enough, but there was another reason...:

Alvin: 'Keep away from the goal mouth, Zelda, I don't want to hit you.'

Maybe he also didn't want to even go near her.

Crawldaddy: 'Yeah, You wouldn't want to get hit on your face, which is worth *millions* right?' (to get the ghizt
of this remark, read 'Quirks with Zelda VI)

I'm glad she only gave me a weak smile, not her typical godzilla-punch.

The highlight of today was when the second level of Block R slowly transformed itself into a 'house of large objects' as Alvin's class proceeded to put up their cardboard objects up on display.

One senior even commented it looked like a belated lantern festival in Block R. Except the lanterns are extra big this year.

I helped Alvin set up his coin after my design history test, and by that time, Zelda had already put up her cardboard enlarged wallet. From the distance I made a very shrewd mental note, which I made audible to Zelda when she questioned me about how her item looked, as it hung from the ceiling and partially rested on the display shelf top:

Z: '(my real name), what do you think of my item? doesa it look good?'

C: 'Hmm...' (I was wondering at this point in time as to whether I should drop the bomb)

Z: 'Well?'

C: 'Ok, truth to tell, when I first saw it from back down the corridor, I said to myself "Who put that piece of rubbish on top of the display shelf?" you know?' I was trying to keep the distance at this point in time.

True enough, she stalked towards me and proceeded to whack me with her mini-handbag and induce her trademark godzilla-punches at me. I could only run away while she plodded after me around the second level.

After a few tweaks and adjustments, Alvin's coin came up (after I helped a few of his classmates get their own cardboard items up), and initially, it was so low, you could have knocked right into it when you exited the computer lab.

I then went on to finish up most of my hammer and start work on the clay.

I finished up the day with learning how to use pastels in my rendering drawings, and it was fairly fruitful, though I wouldn't mind a few more lessons.

Ah... at least I could tell myself that I have achieved some level of detail in my pastel renderings.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home